Friday, March 7, 2008

Ladies kill 80s

It's the girls' turn to get down to the 80's and expectations were high, especially after having to suffer through a meaningless ISU/Missouri basketball that went into two overtimes---thanks a lot, f****ing Mediacom! Ok, a penny for the swearjar...

In any event, the night was pretty good, nothing really horrendously bad, and a couple or three really good performances. The majority, however, were just merely audio window dressing. Paula "Meth-baby" Abdullah was being whacky again and sputtering nonsense throughout the evening. Honestly, what the he11 is going on with her? She started out the show as a normal person, and once again, she has transitioned into a warbling cousin "it."

Oh by the way, HEY ladies, the Yankees called----they want their baseball pants back. What in the wide world of sports is up with all the baseball pants, cargo shorts, & coaching shorts in this competition? I didn't wear those things in the 80s or any other decade. (thank goodness). I can't wait til Strippyboy Hernandez comes out in cuffs and a Speedo.

Now without further ado the 80's killers:

1. India'h Epperson: Asia did just an ok job on an annoying song. I really hate that song and that kind of music in general. How do I really feel? There is only one more song that could probably irritate me more... (stay tuned)

2. Caddy Annoy: Kaddy tried to tackle a Queen song, and succeeded in getting ran over by a bus. Why is she still here? Time to go back to Ken, Barbie.

3. Amana Bachman Turner Overmyer: Rocket Nurse had the comeback of the week on both the hair AND the performance! As Slymon Scowl said, it was fantastic and she picked the perfect song. I thought she was gone last week, but she will have to pick perfect songs every week to be taken seriously.

4. Snarly Smithson: The Irish tattoo belted out that song from the Chrysler Crossfire commercial. I didn't know that was an 80's song. I think she was trying to out-Dion Celine. She is polished beyond her peers and she seems to pick decent songs. Consistency will be key.

5. Kung Fu Kowgirl Kristy: She did a wise thing and incorporated the country element into this whiny little Journey song. It was better than her usual yawn-inspiring insignificance, but is still feeble and forgettable.

6. Ramada Mallofamerica: Little baseball-pant wearing smurf was great her first week. Oh my how she has fallen. She killed me last night. Why? Go back to the first girl and read the last sentence again. This forking song is done every single season, ad nauseum. When I hear "Take a look at me now", my head starts to swell, I get hives and break out. My temperature rises enough to melt polar icecaps. This song should be retired from the show and from the universe, banished to oblivion, or a black hole.

7. Babbling Brooke: At first I didn't think she had a chance of making it this far. However, she is choosing songs and changing things up brilliantly. This is how you win, folks! It is clear she is doing her homework and paying attention. Brooke is turning into one of my faves. Her unplugged take on Pat Benatar was freshtastic.

8. Sigh Eesha Mercantile: Sigh Eesha likes to grab attention--she has been choosing songs that let her skate by, and then hit a few big notes that people will notice. You can't fool me sister!!!! I believe she is using her acting experience to overdramatize her singing and make it look like she is kickin' @ss. You an fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time. BUT you can't fool Mother Nature.

So for me, the best of the evening was Carly and Brooke, and an awesome comeback from Nurse Ratchet. Space Kadet is OUTTA here, or America is stoopider than I thought.

Ratings for 80's:

Wild Irish Carly
Brooke em Dano
Nurse Jett
Asia Minor
Sigh Eesha
Kung Poo Kristy
Ramada Inn Mullaby
Kaddy Shak Malloy

Kaddywhoompus is going home for sure--see ya!! It will be a toss up for who else gets tossed. I think Ramada is in trouble, but so is Sigh Eesha. Let's see if America f**ks it up again! (reminder to visit swear-jar again)

OUT

No comments: